Monday, October 5, 2009

Vandal Game Day!

Last weekend the Idaho Vandal Football team kicked butt against the Rams. This is a major cause to celebrate and have fun. This is how it went down.


First thing of the day the Vandal Pep band played at the first home volleyball game which was a blast. Of course our team won for you people who don't believe in the awesomeness of the Vandals. This was the first pep band game of the season and the turnout was awesome. Hopefully I'll get excepted into the Pep band for the basketball team!


 
Here are some of my fellow tuba players, Henry (in front) and Kyle. Lets just say they are you're typical tuba players, they keep each day of marching band interesting, and in a good way too.This is what happens during pep band games, we get just a little crazy at times.


Then right after the volleyball game it was strait to the football game. Before the game the tubas have a tradition of going out to the tailgaters and running around and playing the Beer song for everyone. This is great fun and if you ever decide to go tailgating at one of the Vandal games give me a holler and I'll run over there and play the Beer song for you. If you want to hear what the beer song sounds like just follow the link.







The stands were totally packed. At least the student seats were totally packed. It was amazing to be out on the field marching in front of everybody, it just gives you a rush. That night was probably the night where I had the most fun with marching band. When I was standing out on the field I just felt so proud of myself because I made one of my dream come true and the one of the cool things is I'm living my dream.

After the game I went to the bagel shop down town with an awesome guy that I met and then went and watched a movie that I've never seen before. It was a good way to end a great day and even though I was dead beat tired I would do it again in a heart beat.

The Good: The amazing school spirit
The Bad: Carrying a 50 pound tuba on your shoulder for 8 hours
The Ugly: All the homework left for Sunday

1 comment:

  1. I just love your blog Katy! Thanks for sharing! Great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete